Lindsay Lohan Offers Explanation on Her Absence in Venice
Lindsay Lohan was noticeably missing on Friday, August 30 at the Venice Film Festival, where she was expected to promote Paul Schrader's "The Canyons" alongside co-stars James Deen, Nolan Gerard Funk, Tenille Houston and scribe Bret Easton Ellis. A day after that, she explained her absence on her website.
"I have to clear up these reports," the former Disney darling said. "I was never confirmed to attend. Of course, I would have enjoyed returning to that wonderful city and being a part of this amazing event, but my focus is on my health and well-being. Plain and simple, it is of the utmost importance."
Lohan finished her court-ordered rehab stay at the end of July. Though she denied she was confirmed to show up, festival officials begged to differ, saying that she was expected to arrive with the rest of the "Canyons" cast on Thursday.
Director Schrader, who heads the jury of the festival's Horizons section, offered no explanation on Lohan's absence during the Friday photocall, but commented on working with the star instead. "For the last 16 months I've been held hostage, by my own choosing, to a very talented but unpredictable actress," he told the media.
Released on August 2 in the U.S., "The Canyons" is among the out-of-competition titles at the Venice festival.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation