Lindsay Lohan Offers Explanation on Her Absence in Venice
Lindsay Lohan was noticeably missing on Friday, August 30 at the Venice Film Festival, where she was expected to promote Paul Schrader's "The Canyons" alongside co-stars James Deen, Nolan Gerard Funk, Tenille Houston and scribe Bret Easton Ellis. A day after that, she explained her absence on her website.
"I have to clear up these reports," the former Disney darling said. "I was never confirmed to attend. Of course, I would have enjoyed returning to that wonderful city and being a part of this amazing event, but my focus is on my health and well-being. Plain and simple, it is of the utmost importance."
Lohan finished her court-ordered rehab stay at the end of July. Though she denied she was confirmed to show up, festival officials begged to differ, saying that she was expected to arrive with the rest of the "Canyons" cast on Thursday.
Director Schrader, who heads the jury of the festival's Horizons section, offered no explanation on Lohan's absence during the Friday photocall, but commented on working with the star instead. "For the last 16 months I've been held hostage, by my own choosing, to a very talented but unpredictable actress," he told the media.
Released on August 2 in the U.S., "The Canyons" is among the out-of-competition titles at the Venice festival.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'