Video: Beyonce Closes Day One of Made in America Festival 2013
The first night of Jay-Z's second annual Made in America Festival, which was held on Saturday, August 31, was closed with Beyonce Knowles' performance. "Welcome to Made in America," Beyonce greeted the crowd of more than 50,000 people. "Show me how loud you can be."
Beyonce opened her 90-minute set with "Run the World (Girls)". She also performed and led fans to sing along and dance to some of her biggest hits, including "If I Were a Boy", "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)", "Crazy in Love", "Irreplaceable", "Get Me Bodied" and "End of Time".
Before ending her show, the 31-year-old diva sang a cover of Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" and continued it with "Halo". "This has been a beautiful night," Beyonce yelled after finishing her set.
Despite being spotted around the festival venue, festival curator Jay-Z did not perform at all. Fans initially expected the rapper to make an appearance when wife Beyonce sang their collaboration, "Crazy in Love".
Beyonce was not the only performer at the festival on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia. Previously, stars like Deadmau5, Phoenix, A$AP Rocky and Imagine Dragons also appeared onstage and performed their songs during the 10-hour event.
Set to continue on Sunday, September 1, the festival's day 2 will feature headliners Nine Inch Nails, Calvin Harris, Queens of the Stone Age, Kendrick Lamar, Miguel and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Beyonce Performs "Run the World (Girls)" and "End of Time":
Beyonce Performs "Crazy in Love":
Beyonce Performs "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)":
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3