First Trailer for 'Downton Abbey' Season 4: A Choice Between Life and Death
Lady Mary learns to move on following the death of her husband Matthew in the first trailer for "Downton Abbey" season 4. The still grieving widow is seen crying in Mr. Carson's arms and having a heartfelt conversation with Violet Crawley, who tells her granddaughter that she has to choose either death or life.
But Lady Mary's life will soon be more colorful with the arrivals of new love interests, played by Julian Ovenden's Charles Blake and Tom Cullen's Lord Gillingham. Another new character making appearance in the video is jazz singer Jack Ross, who is played by Gary Carr.
Love, tears, fight and smiles will fill the house once again as life goes on. Set to The Joy Formidable's "Wolf's Law", the video does give an optimistic impression of the family's future.
"Downton Abbey" returns on January 5, 2014 in the U.S. on PBS. Paul Giamatti is the latest American actor added to the cast ensemble, portraying the maverick playboy brother of Lady Cora, Harold.
In June, Michelle Dockery revealed her wish for her alter ego, Lady Mary, "I just want her to be happy eventually." She recently also spoke up about her character's relationship with Lord Gillingham, "He is an old family friend who she's known since the girls were children and they haven't seen him since she was tiny. She's kind of slowly throughout the series coming back to real life and of course it's important for her to eventually move on, so he is a potential love interest."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby