Lance Bass Gets Engaged to Michael Turchin, Shows Off Ring
Lance Bass is one step closer to getting married. The former boybander, 34, popped the question to his boyfriend Michael Turchin. The ex-NSYNC proposed to his beau with a black diamond band while they were in New Orleans over the Labor Day weekend.
According to Us Weekly, Bass even texted his future husband's parents for blessing before the proposal. "He said YES!! Love this man," Bass captioned a picture of them beaming and showing off the ring on Turchin's finger. "Happiest guy in the world :)" Turchin gushed.
The couple has been together since 2011. Their engagement came on heels of the much-talked-about NSYNC reunion at the MTV Video Music Awards Sunday, August 25 before Justin Timberlake received his Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Bass officially came out in 2006. "I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he said to PEOPLE back then.
"I didn't know: Could that be the end of NSYNC? So I had that weight on me of like, 'Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did," he added.
Following their reunion at the VMAs, Bass tweeted, "For the first time ever I got to perform [with] 'NSYNC as an out entertainer."
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media