Former Nurse Testifies on Michael Jackson's Fatal Insomnia Cure
A nurse that treated Michael Jackson in his L.A. home to get him ready for his then forthcoming "This Is It" world tour became the latest person to take the witness stand in the late pop superstar's ongoing wrongful death trial. Cherilyn Lee gave her testimony on Wednesday, August 28 as she recounted how she tried to help the King of Pop overcome his worsening insomnia in the months leading to his death in 2009.
Lee testified that after Jackson signed up with concert promoter AEG Live to perform in 50 shows in London back in February 2009, she gave him vitamins through intravenous drips to make him healthier for his world tour. Although Jackson "started to feel really great" and "looked healthier" after a month on Lee's treatments, with rehearsals for the tour about to get underway in April, Jackson said "he needed something a little more" to help him get more than the five hours of sleep he was only getting at that time.
Lee then said that Jackson and Dr. Conrad Murray, who took over from Lee, tried to recruit a Las Vegas anesthesiologist to administer him propofol, which German doctors had used to treat his insomnia during a 1997 tour. When Lee visited Jackson in his home on April 19, 2009, the singer, who by then had apparently not yet found the doctor who would give him the drugs he wanted, asked Lee to give him the propofol infusions.
"I remember telling him that it wasn't something he wanted to use at home. It wasn't a safe medication. It was definitely not a medication for insomnia," Lee said. The nurse believed Jackson died from an over-prescription of the surgical anesthetic.
More Michael Jackson News
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer