Louis Leterrier Returns to Direct 'Now You See Me 2', Dwayne Johnson Finds His 'Lore' Helmer
Earlier this month, Lionsgate announced it already greenlit a follow-up to its summer sleeper hit "Now You See Me", which has grossed $293million worldwide. While it is unclear whether or not the original cast members of the magician heist movie will reprise their roles, director Louis Leterrier confirms that he will return to serve behind the lens for the second installment.
"I'm currently, not writing, but we're coming up with the story, the plot, the everything, the twist and the new characters and everything," he tells Coming Soon. "It was always at least a diptych, two movies, to tell one long story, so yeah, I'm very much involved in it. I don't know if it's going to be my next movie. I know we want to do it pretty fast but I might be able to do another movie in between."
The "Now You See Me" sequel is not the only one which makes headlines with the inclusion of its director as a project at Warner Bros. is also reported having found its helmer. The Hollywood Reporter learns that newbie David Green, whose adventure movie "Echo" has been acquired by Relativity from Disney, is set to work on "Lore".
The pic has been described as "Men in Black with mythological creatures." Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is already secured as the lead in the adaptation of the graphic novel by Ashley Wood and T.P. Louis. At one point, "Men in Black" helmer Barry Sonnenfeld was attached to the project.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit