Louis Leterrier Returns to Direct 'Now You See Me 2', Dwayne Johnson Finds His 'Lore' Helmer
Earlier this month, Lionsgate announced it already greenlit a follow-up to its summer sleeper hit "Now You See Me", which has grossed $293million worldwide. While it is unclear whether or not the original cast members of the magician heist movie will reprise their roles, director Louis Leterrier confirms that he will return to serve behind the lens for the second installment.
"I'm currently, not writing, but we're coming up with the story, the plot, the everything, the twist and the new characters and everything," he tells Coming Soon. "It was always at least a diptych, two movies, to tell one long story, so yeah, I'm very much involved in it. I don't know if it's going to be my next movie. I know we want to do it pretty fast but I might be able to do another movie in between."
The "Now You See Me" sequel is not the only one which makes headlines with the inclusion of its director as a project at Warner Bros. is also reported having found its helmer. The Hollywood Reporter learns that newbie David Green, whose adventure movie "Echo" has been acquired by Relativity from Disney, is set to work on "Lore".
The pic has been described as "Men in Black with mythological creatures." Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is already secured as the lead in the adaptation of the graphic novel by Ashley Wood and T.P. Louis. At one point, "Men in Black" helmer Barry Sonnenfeld was attached to the project.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'