Tony Parker Retires From Rapping
Tony Parker has given up his music career. In an interview with French site Tele-Loisirs, he was asked if he had any plans to release another rap album. The NBA superstar, who is currently playing for San Antonio Spurs, made it clear that there would be nothing to follow up his debut album, "TP", saying, "I'm retired from music."
Released in 2007, "TP" was recorded only in the French language. While it failed in the U.S., the album was a hit in Parker's home country of French. "Balance-tois", the single off the record, reached number one on the official French chart.
The former husband of actress Eva Longoria probably began considering a career in music industry after he showed off his French rapping skills to celebrate Spurs' victory at NBA Championship in 2007.
Parker's retirement from music will be a great advantage for his basketball career. The 31-year-old point guard is now able to focus on the training for an upcoming tournament in Slovenia while also recovering from a minor knee injury. He and his Spurs teammates are reuniting again when the new season of NBA kicks off later this year.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie