Tony Parker Retires From Rapping
Tony Parker has given up his music career. In an interview with French site Tele-Loisirs, he was asked if he had any plans to release another rap album. The NBA superstar, who is currently playing for San Antonio Spurs, made it clear that there would be nothing to follow up his debut album, "TP", saying, "I'm retired from music."
Released in 2007, "TP" was recorded only in the French language. While it failed in the U.S., the album was a hit in Parker's home country of French. "Balance-tois", the single off the record, reached number one on the official French chart.
The former husband of actress Eva Longoria probably began considering a career in music industry after he showed off his French rapping skills to celebrate Spurs' victory at NBA Championship in 2007.
Parker's retirement from music will be a great advantage for his basketball career. The 31-year-old point guard is now able to focus on the training for an upcoming tournament in Slovenia while also recovering from a minor knee injury. He and his Spurs teammates are reuniting again when the new season of NBA kicks off later this year.
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?