Tony Parker Retires From Rapping
Tony Parker has given up his music career. In an interview with French site Tele-Loisirs, he was asked if he had any plans to release another rap album. The NBA superstar, who is currently playing for San Antonio Spurs, made it clear that there would be nothing to follow up his debut album, "TP", saying, "I'm retired from music."
Released in 2007, "TP" was recorded only in the French language. While it failed in the U.S., the album was a hit in Parker's home country of French. "Balance-tois", the single off the record, reached number one on the official French chart.
The former husband of actress Eva Longoria probably began considering a career in music industry after he showed off his French rapping skills to celebrate Spurs' victory at NBA Championship in 2007.
Parker's retirement from music will be a great advantage for his basketball career. The 31-year-old point guard is now able to focus on the training for an upcoming tournament in Slovenia while also recovering from a minor knee injury. He and his Spurs teammates are reuniting again when the new season of NBA kicks off later this year.
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown