Video: Morgan Freeman Delivers 'Twerking' Definition on HLN's Show
Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman has lent his distinct voice to the "CBS Evening News" voiceover introduction and to the Discovery Channel's thought-provoking program "Through the Wormhole" as its host and narrator. However, on Wednesday morning, August 28 over at HLN's "Morning Express", the multi-awarded box-office star would also generously oblige to host Robin Meade's prodding for him to read aloud some unlikely material for such an esteemed artist: twerking.
The text that the 76-year-old Freeman read was the definition for twerking that now appears in the Oxford Dictionary after the term has become a part of pop culture, of course heavily popularized by the likes of Miley Cyrus who had been doing the said moves for quite some time even before her recent much talked-about MTV Video Music Awards performance.
"The word 'twerking' has now been added to the Oxford dictionary," said the "Driving Miss Daisy" star. "Here's the definition they gave: To dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner, involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance." Apart from twerking, the Oxford Dictionary will also be updated with the words "selfie" and "girl crush."
Supposedly, it was Freeman's first time to hear about twerking, which he mentioned right after reading the definition. Then Meade said in jest, "What? That's not true, you said it on the golf course yesterday," to which Freeman gamely asked, "Was I sober?"
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?