Video: Morgan Freeman Delivers 'Twerking' Definition on HLN's Show
Academy Award-winning actor Morgan Freeman has lent his distinct voice to the "CBS Evening News" voiceover introduction and to the Discovery Channel's thought-provoking program "Through the Wormhole" as its host and narrator. However, on Wednesday morning, August 28 over at HLN's "Morning Express", the multi-awarded box-office star would also generously oblige to host Robin Meade's prodding for him to read aloud some unlikely material for such an esteemed artist: twerking.
The text that the 76-year-old Freeman read was the definition for twerking that now appears in the Oxford Dictionary after the term has become a part of pop culture, of course heavily popularized by the likes of Miley Cyrus who had been doing the said moves for quite some time even before her recent much talked-about MTV Video Music Awards performance.
"The word 'twerking' has now been added to the Oxford dictionary," said the "Driving Miss Daisy" star. "Here's the definition they gave: To dance to popular music in a sexually provocative manner, involving thrusting hip movements and a low, squatting stance." Apart from twerking, the Oxford Dictionary will also be updated with the words "selfie" and "girl crush."
Supposedly, it was Freeman's first time to hear about twerking, which he mentioned right after reading the definition. Then Meade said in jest, "What? That's not true, you said it on the golf course yesterday," to which Freeman gamely asked, "Was I sober?"
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby