'NCIS' Season 11 Promo Teases Ziva's Farewell
"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" reminds fans of Cote de Pablo's impending departure in a sneak peek for the show's season 11 premiere episode. The promo shows Tony off to find Ziva, who is possibly in Israel.
When they finally reunite, Ziva tells Tony, "Don't worry, Tony. We will be okay." Someone is targetting the team and Homeland Security Director Tom Morrow, who is injured and lies in hospital bed, says that Ziva is the next target.
"NCIS" will return Tuesday, September 24 at 8 P.M. on CBS with an episode titled "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot". According to the official synopsis, an explosion at a D.C. event that results in a casualty connected to the agency changes Parsons' (guest star Colin Hanks) perspective on Gibbs and the NCIS team. Meanwhile, without badges, DiNozzo and McGee investigate the case as civilians, despite the case's dangerous ties to each of them.
Executive producer Gary Glasberg said the first two episodes of season 11 would be about Ziva's departure. He told TV Guide Ziva's "whole story arc unfolds through the first episode, and then Cote/Ziva plays very prominently in the second one. There's a really significant Tony/Ziva payoff - everything I hope the Tiva fans have been waiting for." He added, "It gives us some insight into this decision that she's going to make. It's exciting. And it's romantic."
The third episode will introduce "for instance, a woman in her 50s who is a few days away from retirement and just needs to fill the desk time" before bringing in Ziva's replacement. Glasberg elaborated, "She, in theory, knew Gibbs all the way back to the days of Mike Franks. So we're going to bring in people like that and have some fun with the different characters. And then, hopefully, when people are comfortable enough, one will walk in the be The One."
More NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences