Report: Snooki and Terminally Ill Valerie Harper Up for 'DWTS' Season 17
Before the official announcement is made, several names of possible "Dancing with the Stars" contestants have floated around on the Internet. Words are, Valerie Harper who was recently diagnosed with a terminal brain cancer will join the cast of the show's 17th season.
According to TMZ, the 74-year-old actress will be paired with professional dancer Tristan MacManus and they have begun practicing since Monday, August 26. She's reportedly doing so well and completely self-sufficient that she doesn't need any special assistance, despite doctors' initial estimate that she would only have until June to live.
Other reports say that Snooki, Leah Remini, Amber Riley, Elizabeth Berkley, Christina Milian and Keyshawn Johnson will also dance on "DWTS" ballroom. "HUGE announcement next week hehehehehe! Can't wait to share y'all," Riley, who is one of "Glee" original cast members, hinted at her participation in the reality show through a message on Instagram.
Following the tradition, "DWTS" will unveil its official cast line-up on "Good Morning America" on September 4. The show itself will kick off its new installment Monday, September 16 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The dancing competition series is downsized to one episode per week in the upcoming season, but it's still unknown how it will affect the format.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special