Report: Snooki and Terminally Ill Valerie Harper Up for 'DWTS' Season 17
Before the official announcement is made, several names of possible "Dancing with the Stars" contestants have floated around on the Internet. Words are, Valerie Harper who was recently diagnosed with a terminal brain cancer will join the cast of the show's 17th season.
According to TMZ, the 74-year-old actress will be paired with professional dancer Tristan MacManus and they have begun practicing since Monday, August 26. She's reportedly doing so well and completely self-sufficient that she doesn't need any special assistance, despite doctors' initial estimate that she would only have until June to live.
Other reports say that Snooki, Leah Remini, Amber Riley, Elizabeth Berkley, Christina Milian and Keyshawn Johnson will also dance on "DWTS" ballroom. "HUGE announcement next week hehehehehe! Can't wait to share y'all," Riley, who is one of "Glee" original cast members, hinted at her participation in the reality show through a message on Instagram.
Following the tradition, "DWTS" will unveil its official cast line-up on "Good Morning America" on September 4. The show itself will kick off its new installment Monday, September 16 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The dancing competition series is downsized to one episode per week in the upcoming season, but it's still unknown how it will affect the format.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'