Report: Snooki and Terminally Ill Valerie Harper Up for 'DWTS' Season 17
Before the official announcement is made, several names of possible "Dancing with the Stars" contestants have floated around on the Internet. Words are, Valerie Harper who was recently diagnosed with a terminal brain cancer will join the cast of the show's 17th season.
According to TMZ, the 74-year-old actress will be paired with professional dancer Tristan MacManus and they have begun practicing since Monday, August 26. She's reportedly doing so well and completely self-sufficient that she doesn't need any special assistance, despite doctors' initial estimate that she would only have until June to live.
Other reports say that Snooki, Leah Remini, Amber Riley, Elizabeth Berkley, Christina Milian and Keyshawn Johnson will also dance on "DWTS" ballroom. "HUGE announcement next week hehehehehe! Can't wait to share y'all," Riley, who is one of "Glee" original cast members, hinted at her participation in the reality show through a message on Instagram.
Following the tradition, "DWTS" will unveil its official cast line-up on "Good Morning America" on September 4. The show itself will kick off its new installment Monday, September 16 at 8 P.M. on ABC. The dancing competition series is downsized to one episode per week in the upcoming season, but it's still unknown how it will affect the format.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage