'Gravity' Stars Sandra Bullock and George Clooney Turn Up the Heat at Venice Premiere
All eyes were on Sandra Bullock and George Clooney as the two Hollywood stars walked down the red carpet on Wednesday, August 28 at the Palazzo del Cinema, where Italy's Venice International Film Festival hosted the world premiere of their new film, "Gravity". Clooney looked handsome in a fancy suit while Bullock stunned in a red J Mendel dress.
The highly anticipated sci-fi film served as the opener for the world's oldest festival, which runs through September 7. It is the first time for director Alfonso Cuaron to screen his movie, co-written by his son Jonas, out of competition. For the festival, it is also the first time to have a 3D pic as the opening ceremony flick.
Bullock stars as Dr. Ryan Stone, a brilliant medical engineer who gets stranded in space with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky, played by Clooney, when their spacewalk is interrupted by their shuttle's unexpected destruction.
It has already been buzzed ahead of its release since early reviewers were impressed with the grounded performances and technical artistry.
To hit theaters on October 4 in the U.S., "Gravity" will also be screened at Toronto International Film Festival as a Special Presentation along with "Don Jon", "12 Years a Slave" and more.
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs