'Arrested Development' Film Is Happening
While waiting for Netflix's decision whether or not to give the greenlight to the fifth season of "Arrested Development", fans can now be sure that the cult comedy, which follows the Bluth family with Jason Bateman as the lead, will get movie treatment. Executive producer and creator Mitch Hurwitz confirms the happy news in an interview with Rolling Stone.
"I'm working on the movie right now," Hurwitz tells the site. "I can't get into much more detail because I don't want to scare anybody off. I don't want to be presumptuous about it. I don't own the property outright - it's a 20th Century Fox property. But everybody seems really into it and really eager to make a movie."
To make it happen, Hurwitz needs to tackle the biggest challenge that he himself already faced when filming the fourth season, the availability of the cast. "A TV season is a six-month commitment," he explains. "But I think it would be very doable to get them together for four or five weeks to make a movie."
Asked about when the pic might be released, Hurwitz says that he wants it "as soon as possible." "But I want to be very careful about not putting out false information. I want to get a time and tell everybody when it's happening and not play with people," he adds.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo