'Star Trek Into Darkness' and 'World War Z' to Hit Theaters as Double Feature
Fans who missed out on watching "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "World War Z" are just in luck as Paramount Pictures will re-release its summer blockbuster movies as double feature in select theaters in RealD 3D and 2D. With the price of one ticket, both films will grace big screens at AMC, Carmike, Marcus, Regal and other participating theaters.
From the Tuesday, August 27 announcement, it is revealed that fans can relive the excitement of the two pics starting this Friday, August 30 through Thursday, September 5. Tickets can be purchased at UltimateDoubleFeature.com, Fandango.com and other participating theater box offices.
Directed by J.J. Abrams, "Star Trek Into Darkness" centers on Captain James T. Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise, who are tasked with leading the deadly manhunt to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. Starring Chris Pine and Benedict Cumberbatch in his strong performance as the film's villain, it has grossed $458 million worldwide.
"World War Z", which follows a United Nation employee in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic, features Brad Pitt as the leading man. Besides acting, Pitt took part in the production as a producer under his Plan B Entertainment banner. The apocalyptic film exceeds expectation with a worldwide total of $526 million.
A sequel for both movies is under development at Paramount.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns