Michael Jackson's Mother Katherine Breaks Silence on Paris' Suicide Attempt
Katherine Jackson spoke up for the first time about her granddaughter Paris Jackson's suicide bid that led to the teen's hospitalization. The family matriarch assured that Michael Jackson's only daughter "is in a good place, getting the help she needs."
"She is doing much better," she added. "The treatment is going good, really good. She's my baby. It's hard for me, really hard. All I wanted these kids to be is happy. The night Michael died Paris was crying and said 'I want to go and see Daddy, I don't want to be without him.' "
Paris has two siblings, Prince and Blanket. They used to wear masks to conceal their faces from public eyes when their famous father was still alive. In an interview with Hello! Magazine, Katherine said her late son meant well but she decided not to follow his style of parenting.
"They were sheltered a lot when Michael raised them," the grandmother said as quoted by Daily Mail. "I had thought about it and I said 'I am not going to raise them like that (wearing masks).' But Michael had a good reason. He was trying to protect them."
Katherine said the children "incredibly polite" because the late King of Pop "instilled good manners." "But it's a different generation, of course," she added, "and I don't understand the whole social media thing. They are always on their phones."
Katherine called Michael "a very good father" and "a good son." There was "not a day goes by" without Paris thinking of the singer, she said.
More Michael Jackson News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation