Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Asked to Return as Golden Globe Hosts
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler may team up for a second Golden Globe hosting gig. Deadline reports that the two funny ladies are approached to return as hosts for the 71st edition of the annual awards-giving show set to take place in 2014.
Unlike Ricky Gervais whose deal included an option for a second turn, Fey and Poehler reportedly originally agreed to take on the duty as a one-time thing with no obligation to come back. Due to the success of this year's ceremony which drew 19.7 million viewers, NBC and Golden Globes producer Dick Clark Prods now want them to come back for next year's show.
Active conversations haven't taken place between Fey and Poehler, but are expected to begin next month as NBC will pick a host (or hosts) in November before the nominations are announced in December. The "30 Rock" creator/star and the "Parks and Recreation" star/executive producer so far have only received an informal invitation.
Fey and Poehler are both busy comedienne, but a Globes hosting gig is usually a couple-week commitment and requires less preparation time than an Oscars hosting gig. Thus, it will be possible for them to add it to their already packed schedules.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2