Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Asked to Return as Golden Globe Hosts
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler may team up for a second Golden Globe hosting gig. Deadline reports that the two funny ladies are approached to return as hosts for the 71st edition of the annual awards-giving show set to take place in 2014.
Unlike Ricky Gervais whose deal included an option for a second turn, Fey and Poehler reportedly originally agreed to take on the duty as a one-time thing with no obligation to come back. Due to the success of this year's ceremony which drew 19.7 million viewers, NBC and Golden Globes producer Dick Clark Prods now want them to come back for next year's show.
Active conversations haven't taken place between Fey and Poehler, but are expected to begin next month as NBC will pick a host (or hosts) in November before the nominations are announced in December. The "30 Rock" creator/star and the "Parks and Recreation" star/executive producer so far have only received an informal invitation.
Fey and Poehler are both busy comedienne, but a Globes hosting gig is usually a couple-week commitment and requires less preparation time than an Oscars hosting gig. Thus, it will be possible for them to add it to their already packed schedules.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo