Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Asked to Return as Golden Globe Hosts
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler may team up for a second Golden Globe hosting gig. Deadline reports that the two funny ladies are approached to return as hosts for the 71st edition of the annual awards-giving show set to take place in 2014.
Unlike Ricky Gervais whose deal included an option for a second turn, Fey and Poehler reportedly originally agreed to take on the duty as a one-time thing with no obligation to come back. Due to the success of this year's ceremony which drew 19.7 million viewers, NBC and Golden Globes producer Dick Clark Prods now want them to come back for next year's show.
Active conversations haven't taken place between Fey and Poehler, but are expected to begin next month as NBC will pick a host (or hosts) in November before the nominations are announced in December. The "30 Rock" creator/star and the "Parks and Recreation" star/executive producer so far have only received an informal invitation.
Fey and Poehler are both busy comedienne, but a Globes hosting gig is usually a couple-week commitment and requires less preparation time than an Oscars hosting gig. Thus, it will be possible for them to add it to their already packed schedules.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service