Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Asked to Return as Golden Globe Hosts
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler may team up for a second Golden Globe hosting gig. Deadline reports that the two funny ladies are approached to return as hosts for the 71st edition of the annual awards-giving show set to take place in 2014.
Unlike Ricky Gervais whose deal included an option for a second turn, Fey and Poehler reportedly originally agreed to take on the duty as a one-time thing with no obligation to come back. Due to the success of this year's ceremony which drew 19.7 million viewers, NBC and Golden Globes producer Dick Clark Prods now want them to come back for next year's show.
Active conversations haven't taken place between Fey and Poehler, but are expected to begin next month as NBC will pick a host (or hosts) in November before the nominations are announced in December. The "30 Rock" creator/star and the "Parks and Recreation" star/executive producer so far have only received an informal invitation.
Fey and Poehler are both busy comedienne, but a Globes hosting gig is usually a couple-week commitment and requires less preparation time than an Oscars hosting gig. Thus, it will be possible for them to add it to their already packed schedules.
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors