Video: Tiger Woods Falls to His Knee in Pain at Golf Tournament
Tiger Woods was in pain after swinging his club in the final round of The Barclays 2013 on Sunday, August 25. His second shot on the par-5 13th hole brought him to his knees. He stayed on his knees, clutching his five wood for support, for several moments before rising to his feet.
"When it goes into a spasm that bad," one announcer said, "there's no way to recuperate." As the pro golfer walked away to a supportive applause from nearby spectators, the announcer added, "I don't think I've seen a guy go down from back spasms on a golf swing in a long time."
Later after the weekend tournament, Woods explained what happened to reporters. He said it was just "stiff this morning after a soft bed." The athlete when on, "Just one of those things, sleeping in hotels and I didn't want to push it, so just took it easy."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'