Video: Tiger Woods Falls to His Knee in Pain at Golf Tournament
Tiger Woods was in pain after swinging his club in the final round of The Barclays 2013 on Sunday, August 25. His second shot on the par-5 13th hole brought him to his knees. He stayed on his knees, clutching his five wood for support, for several moments before rising to his feet.
"When it goes into a spasm that bad," one announcer said, "there's no way to recuperate." As the pro golfer walked away to a supportive applause from nearby spectators, the announcer added, "I don't think I've seen a guy go down from back spasms on a golf swing in a long time."
Later after the weekend tournament, Woods explained what happened to reporters. He said it was just "stiff this morning after a soft bed." The athlete when on, "Just one of those things, sleeping in hotels and I didn't want to push it, so just took it easy."
More Tiger Woods News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'