Video: Tiger Woods Falls to His Knee in Pain at Golf Tournament
Tiger Woods was in pain after swinging his club in the final round of The Barclays 2013 on Sunday, August 25. His second shot on the par-5 13th hole brought him to his knees. He stayed on his knees, clutching his five wood for support, for several moments before rising to his feet.
"When it goes into a spasm that bad," one announcer said, "there's no way to recuperate." As the pro golfer walked away to a supportive applause from nearby spectators, the announcer added, "I don't think I've seen a guy go down from back spasms on a golf swing in a long time."
Later after the weekend tournament, Woods explained what happened to reporters. He said it was just "stiff this morning after a soft bed." The athlete when on, "Just one of those things, sleeping in hotels and I didn't want to push it, so just took it easy."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival