Video: Tiger Woods Falls to His Knee in Pain at Golf Tournament
Tiger Woods was in pain after swinging his club in the final round of The Barclays 2013 on Sunday, August 25. His second shot on the par-5 13th hole brought him to his knees. He stayed on his knees, clutching his five wood for support, for several moments before rising to his feet.
"When it goes into a spasm that bad," one announcer said, "there's no way to recuperate." As the pro golfer walked away to a supportive applause from nearby spectators, the announcer added, "I don't think I've seen a guy go down from back spasms on a golf swing in a long time."
Later after the weekend tournament, Woods explained what happened to reporters. He said it was just "stiff this morning after a soft bed." The athlete when on, "Just one of those things, sleeping in hotels and I didn't want to push it, so just took it easy."
More Tiger Woods News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic