Mother of Paparazzo Killed in Justin Bieber Ferrari Incident to Sue Police
A mother of paparazzo who was hit by a car and subsequently died after he trailed Justin Bieber's Ferrari in January is suing the California Highway Patrol for unspecified damage. According to TMZ, Vickie Guerra claims that police officers who ordered her son Chris Guerra to cross the busy street are responsible for her son's death.
Chris' mother said in her documents that police officers ordered her son to stay away and cross the heavy traffic by gesturing with a gun, after the officers noticed that Guerra was taking pictures of the singer's car. At that time, the officers were writing a speed violation ticket for the sports car's driver, Lil Twist.
Vickie said that Chris obliged the officers' order and was hit by a car which ran at 40-50mph as the result. He immediately was run over by another car. Vickie is suing both the police and the driver. A spokesperson for the California Highway Patrol declined to comment.
"While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim," the "Beauty and a Beat" singer said in a statement at that time. "Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves."
More Justin Bieber News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet