Charlie Hunnam Not Frontrunner for '50 Shades of Grey', Alicia Vikander in the Mix
Is Charlie Hunnam really the frontrunner for portraying the sex-addicted billionaire Christian Grey in the highly-anticipated erotic film "Fifty Shades of Grey"? According to sources close to the "Pacific Rim" leading man and some insiders, the answer is apparently no. To Variety, they reveal that the news first reported by Twitch is not true at all.
Hunnam is just one of many names linked to the project. Previously, Ian Somerhalder, Armie Hammer and Aaron Johnson were named strong contenders for the coveted role, but none of them had any interest in playing the fictional character made by British author E.L. James.
Meanwhile, for the role of Anastasia Steele, there have also been many actresses reported being in the mix. Last week, fans learned that Dakota Johnson was among them. Now, the latest reports reveal that the list of the potential depicter also has Alicia Vikander, Imogen Poots and Shailene Woodley.
Up to now, neither Focus Features nor director Sam Taylor-Johnson has commented on the news. However, as some studio sources told Cinema Blend, fans can expect to hear about the official offers after Labor Day.
To be released in August 2014, "Fifty Shades of Grey" will be based on the best-selling novel, which is adapted by scribe Kelly Marcel.
More Fifty Shades of Grey News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt