Ellie Goulding Holds Hands With Ed Sheeran at MTV VMAs, Denies Romance Rumor
Ellie Goulding has reacted to rumor suggesting that she dated fellow British singer Ed Sheeran. The romance rumor emerged after they were caught on camera getting cozy inside the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York during the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
One picture shows them holding hands while sitting on their assigned chairs behind Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Another image sees Sheeran placing his hand on Goulding's thigh. She traded her nude long gown on the red carpet with a black short dress.
Goulding quickly took to Twitter to dismiss the rumor, insisting that it was just a friendly gesture. "I love that holding hands with my friends means we're an item. In that case I am in many relationships. Lover not a hater. #whatthef*ck," so she tweeted.
The romance rumor aside, Ellie Goulding recently debuted a new music video for "Midas Touch" featuring Burns. Neither of them, however, makes an appearance in the clip.
More Ellie Goulding News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years