Video: Lady GaGa Defends One Direction After They Got Booed at MTV VMAs
Lady GaGa came to One Direction's defense after the boys got mixed reactions when collecting their Moonman for "Best Song Over" as Song of the Summer. Wearing her seashell bikini from the opening performance, she approached the British heartthrobs backstage to show her support.
"If I did hear what I heard out there, I just want to tell you that you deserve every bit of success that you have," she said. "I want to leave right now. I don't want to stay anymore because I don't want to be in a room where people are booing." One the boys was heard agreeing with her, "F**k it. F**k it."
The boyband beat Miley Cyrus ("We Can't Stop"), Daft Punk ("Get Lucky"), Selena Gomez ("Come & Get It"), Calvin Harris ("I Need Your Love") and Robin Thicke ("Blurred Lines") to win the award. "We want to say a massive thank you to the fans who voted for us," Zayn Malik later said backstage.
One of the nominees, Cyrus, seemed to leave the VMAs early before the winner was announced as she tweeted, "Leaving the VMAs. No it's not over. I'm no psychic but congrats @onedirection #songofthesummer." Earlier at the event, she performed "We Can't Stop" and put on a raunchy show when joining Thicke in "Blurred Lines" set.
More Lady GaGa News
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off