Video: Lady GaGa Defends One Direction After They Got Booed at MTV VMAs
Lady GaGa came to One Direction's defense after the boys got mixed reactions when collecting their Moonman for "Best Song Over" as Song of the Summer. Wearing her seashell bikini from the opening performance, she approached the British heartthrobs backstage to show her support.
"If I did hear what I heard out there, I just want to tell you that you deserve every bit of success that you have," she said. "I want to leave right now. I don't want to stay anymore because I don't want to be in a room where people are booing." One the boys was heard agreeing with her, "F**k it. F**k it."
The boyband beat Miley Cyrus ("We Can't Stop"), Daft Punk ("Get Lucky"), Selena Gomez ("Come & Get It"), Calvin Harris ("I Need Your Love") and Robin Thicke ("Blurred Lines") to win the award. "We want to say a massive thank you to the fans who voted for us," Zayn Malik later said backstage.
One of the nominees, Cyrus, seemed to leave the VMAs early before the winner was announced as she tweeted, "Leaving the VMAs. No it's not over. I'm no psychic but congrats @onedirection #songofthesummer." Earlier at the event, she performed "We Can't Stop" and put on a raunchy show when joining Thicke in "Blurred Lines" set.
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story