Miles Teller Breaks Silence on 'Fantastic Four' Rumor
Ever since The Wrap named him a contender for Mr. Fantastic role in 20th Century Fox's reboot of "Fantastic Four", Miles Teller has not made any statement to either confirm or deny it until he's interviewed by MTV. The Jason of "Rabbit Hole" reveals the truth behind the report, which emerged earlier this month.
"Dude, I don't know. I have no idea," Teller says. "I think at some point you just have to play a superhero. That's the world we're living in right now. I mean, they're getting snatched up left and right. I would love to be in 'Fantastic Four.' That would be something I would be very proud to be a part of and happy to do. As far as this whole rumor thing, I don't know."
The 26-year-old actor, who shone as Sutter Keeley in Sundance hit "The Spectacular Now", adds, "I'm at an age right now where you can start a superhero because I can play him for the next ten years."
The film's director, Josh Trank, was the first to slam the rumor. Not long after the casting report hit the web, Trank, whose credits include "Chronicle", took to Twitter to write, "The casting rumor floating around today isn't true.... the end."
Teller is not the only star linked to the project. "Fruitvale Station" actor Michael B. Jordan and "Girls" actress Allison Williams have been reported being courted for Human Torch and Sue Storm respectively, but none of these reports are confirmed by Trank.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos