Miles Teller Breaks Silence on 'Fantastic Four' Rumor
Ever since The Wrap named him a contender for Mr. Fantastic role in 20th Century Fox's reboot of "Fantastic Four", Miles Teller has not made any statement to either confirm or deny it until he's interviewed by MTV. The Jason of "Rabbit Hole" reveals the truth behind the report, which emerged earlier this month.
"Dude, I don't know. I have no idea," Teller says. "I think at some point you just have to play a superhero. That's the world we're living in right now. I mean, they're getting snatched up left and right. I would love to be in 'Fantastic Four.' That would be something I would be very proud to be a part of and happy to do. As far as this whole rumor thing, I don't know."
The 26-year-old actor, who shone as Sutter Keeley in Sundance hit "The Spectacular Now", adds, "I'm at an age right now where you can start a superhero because I can play him for the next ten years."
The film's director, Josh Trank, was the first to slam the rumor. Not long after the casting report hit the web, Trank, whose credits include "Chronicle", took to Twitter to write, "The casting rumor floating around today isn't true.... the end."
Teller is not the only star linked to the project. "Fruitvale Station" actor Michael B. Jordan and "Girls" actress Allison Williams have been reported being courted for Human Torch and Sue Storm respectively, but none of these reports are confirmed by Trank.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms