MTV VMAs 2013 Full Winner List: Justin Timberlake Gets the Top Prize
This year is certainly a special year for Justin Timberlake. Not only did he reunite with his "NSYNC" bandmates on the MTV Video Music Awards stage, but he also walked home with the Video of the Year trophy on his hands after beating the likes of Bruno Mars, Robin Thicke, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, and Taylor Swift on the special night, Sunday, August 25.
Timberlake snatched the coveted gong with his "Mirrors" clip, which also won Best Editing. Before being presented with the award, the honoree of Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award took the stage to sing "Bye Bye Bye" with JC Chasez, Chris Kirkpatrick, Joey Fatone and Lance Bass. He also turned up the heat with his musical performance of "Suit and Tie", a track off his latest album "The 20/20 Experience".
Timberlake saw no luck in the Best Male Video category after his fellow singer Mars was announced as the winner, thanks to his "Locked Out of Heaven" clip. Similar to the "Sexyback" crooner, Mars had a chance to steal the spotlight for a moment to sing "Gorilla" before the audience at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, New York.
After Drake coming out and singing "Hold On We're Going Home" and "Started From the Bottom", Austin Mahone was awarded with the Artist To Watch trophy. One Direction also won a Moonman with "Best Song Ever" chosen as Best Song of the Summer.
This year's MTV VMAs also featured musical performances from Lady GaGa and Katy Perry with their latest singles, "Applause" and "Roar". Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke also hit the stage for a raunchy performance of "We Can't Stop" and "Blurred Lines".
There was also a screening of "Divergent" teaser trailer with Shailene Woodley and Theo James on hand to unveil it.
2013 MTV Video Music Awards Winner List:
- Video of the Year: Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
- Best Male Video: Bruno Mars , "Locked Out of Heaven"
- Best Female Video: Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
- Best Pop Video: Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"
- Best Rock Video: 30 Seconds to Mars, "Up in the Air"
- Best Hip-Hop Video: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, "Can't Hold Us" featuring Ray Dalton
- Best Video With a Social Message: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, "Same Love"
- Best Song of the Summer: One Direction, "Best Song Ever"
- Best Collaboration: Pink, "Just Give Me a Reason" featuring Nate Ruess
- Best Direction: Justin Timberlake, "Suit and Tie" featuring Jay-Z
- Best Art Direction: Janelle Monae, "Q.U.E.E.N" featuring Erykah Badu
- Best Editing: Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
- Best Choreography: Bruno Mars, "Treasure"
- Artist to Watch: Austin Mahone, "What About Love"
- Best Visual Effects: Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
- Best Cinematography: Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, "Can't Hold Us" featuring Ray Dalton
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked