MTV VMAs 2013: Lady GaGa Strips Down to Bikini, Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke Get Raunchy Onstage
Lady GaGa kicked off the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards with an over-the-top performance. After showing up with a relatively toned-down look in a black ensemble on the red carpet, she brought back her signature flare during her performance of "Applause", the first single off her upcoming album "ARTPOP".
The Mother Monster first appeared onstage in a nun-like white robe with her face framed by a white canvas, but changed costumes several times throughout the performance. Her other outfits included a bedazzled black leotard, a blue skirt-and-top combo paired with a white wig, and a yellow hairpiece and multi-colored face paint. She eventually stripped down to an oceanic bikini consisting of a clam-shell bra, completed with a flowing blonde wig.
"Every year MTV wants me to one-up myself and they make sure to let me know that," the 27-year-old singer previously teased about her performance when interviewed on the red carpet.
Also heating up the show at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York was Miley Cyrus, who donned a bear-emblazoned leotard to sing her new hit "We Can't Stop", accompanied by Boo bears and booty dancers. She twerked it out before showing more skin in a nude two-piece when Robin Thicke joined her to sing his "Blurred Lines".
Wearing a black and white striped outfit, the R&B singer received a special treatment as Cyrus grinded on him. They ended their medley performance with "Give It 2 U", during which 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar helped deliver the rap verses.
"That was dope. Shout out to @MileyCyrus @kendricklamar @2chainz #VMA," the seemingly proud Thicke tweeted after their performance.
Lady GaGa - "Applause":
Miley Cyrus - "We Can't Stop" and Robin Thicke - "Blurred Lines" & "Give It 2 U":
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'