'Divergent' Drops Cool Teaser During MTV VMAs Pre-Show
Set to be unleashed onto big screens in less than a year, "Divergent" provides fans with an exciting teaser trailer that has been unveiled during the pre-show of the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards. In this new video for Neil Burger's movie, there are appearances from leading lady Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet and Maggie Q.
Winslet's Jeanine says, "The future belongs to those who know where they belong." It is, of course, a kind of wake-up call for Woodley's Tris, who is warned that she will never fit in any group and, therefore, is "divergent." But, there is James' Four who is willing to do whatever he can to help her. "They're gonna kill me," Tris says, to which he responds, "I'm not gonna let that happen."
There are many action scenes included in this brief teaser video. Four is seen beating out some guys, while Tris punches someone's face and later jumps off a roof. The two characters, as it turns out, will not keep their relationship on the just-friends level as they are seen sharing a deep kiss.
Adapted from Veronica Roth's best-selling novel, "Divergent" is set in a dystopian future where society is divided up into five factions. Learning that she doesn't belong in any of them, Tris discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents and tries to find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.
Also starring Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz and more, the movie will be released on March 21, 2014.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics