MTV VMAs 2013: Selena Gomez, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Are Early Winners
Selena Gomez was announced as the first artist to take home a Moonman at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which just kicked off on Sunday, August 25. The 21-year-old beauty was presented with the trophy by One Direction after her "Come and Get It" visuals was chosen as the Best Pop Video, beating Justin Timberlake's "Mirrors" and Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" among others.
After a cool performance from Mr. Thicke and Miley Cyrus, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis were the next to claim their victorious moment. Their "Can't Hold Us" clip was deemed Best Hip Hop Video, defeating videos from Drake, Kendrick Lamar, A$AP Rocky and J. Cole.
It did not take long for the rap duo to secure their second Moonman. Ed Sheeran revealed their "Same Love" clip, which champions gay rights, was the Best Video With A Social Message. "Gay rights are human rights and there is no separation," Macklemore shouted.
Daft Punk then took the stage with Nile Rodgers and Pharrell Williams to announce who would walk away with the Best Female Video trophy. As it turns out, Taylor Swift blocked Rihanna, the twerk queen Cyrus, Pink and Demi Lovato from taking the coveted prize.
The 30th annual MTV VMAs is currently taking place at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, New York. Lady GaGa opened the show with her latest hit single, "Applause".
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings