Dr. Luke Nabs Third Judge Spot on 'American Idol'
The third judge seat on "American Idol" may have been occupied. Various news outlets report that Dr. Luke has signed up to join Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez on the judging panel for the next season of the veteran reality series.
Dr. Luke is a Grammy Award-nominated record producer who is behind commercially successful records such as Pink's "Who Knew", Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" and Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl". The 39-year-old songwriter also produced Kelly Clarkson's 2004 hit single "Since U Been Gone".
The record producer, whose real name is Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald, was first mentioned as a candidate to fill the third spot in the judge line-up after negotiations with will.i.am were reportedly stalled due to money issue. The Black Eyed Peas member was then said choosing to return to "The Voice UK".
Meanwhile, former "Idol" judge Randy Jackson has been rumored to return to the singing competition series as a mentor, replacing Jimmy Iovine who may leave the show after three years serving as in-house mentor.
FOX and "Idol" have not released an official statement regarding Dr. Luke and Randy's reported inclusion in the 13th season of the show.
More American Idol News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding