Dr. Luke Nabs Third Judge Spot on 'American Idol'
The third judge seat on "American Idol" may have been occupied. Various news outlets report that Dr. Luke has signed up to join Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez on the judging panel for the next season of the veteran reality series.
Dr. Luke is a Grammy Award-nominated record producer who is behind commercially successful records such as Pink's "Who Knew", Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" and Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl". The 39-year-old songwriter also produced Kelly Clarkson's 2004 hit single "Since U Been Gone".
The record producer, whose real name is Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald, was first mentioned as a candidate to fill the third spot in the judge line-up after negotiations with will.i.am were reportedly stalled due to money issue. The Black Eyed Peas member was then said choosing to return to "The Voice UK".
Meanwhile, former "Idol" judge Randy Jackson has been rumored to return to the singing competition series as a mentor, replacing Jimmy Iovine who may leave the show after three years serving as in-house mentor.
FOX and "Idol" have not released an official statement regarding Dr. Luke and Randy's reported inclusion in the 13th season of the show.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?