Dr. Luke Nabs Third Judge Spot on 'American Idol'
The third judge seat on "American Idol" may have been occupied. Various news outlets report that Dr. Luke has signed up to join Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez on the judging panel for the next season of the veteran reality series.
Dr. Luke is a Grammy Award-nominated record producer who is behind commercially successful records such as Pink's "Who Knew", Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend" and Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl". The 39-year-old songwriter also produced Kelly Clarkson's 2004 hit single "Since U Been Gone".
The record producer, whose real name is Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald, was first mentioned as a candidate to fill the third spot in the judge line-up after negotiations with will.i.am were reportedly stalled due to money issue. The Black Eyed Peas member was then said choosing to return to "The Voice UK".
Meanwhile, former "Idol" judge Randy Jackson has been rumored to return to the singing competition series as a mentor, replacing Jimmy Iovine who may leave the show after three years serving as in-house mentor.
FOX and "Idol" have not released an official statement regarding Dr. Luke and Randy's reported inclusion in the 13th season of the show.
More American Idol News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death