'True Blood' Bosses Begin Talk About Show's End Date
After revealing the future of star Alexander Skarsgard on the show, "True Blood" has its own fate to be decided in the coming weeks. Showrunner Brian Buckner has revealed that talk about the show's end date has been taking place, though no decision has been made yet.
"That conversation is happening, but we don't have an answer yet," Buckner tells TVLine. "I'm being told that I will know - which doesn't mean that I will tell everybody. But I will know when the writers resume in the room [next month] whether or not we're wrapping it up or not."
Met at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in July, HBO president Michael Lombardo said "no decisions have been made" on "True Blood". He assured that the show would continue as "long as there are stories to tell."
The supernatural series is still a strong player on the cable channel although its season 6 finale drew less viewers (4.1 million) than the season 5 finale (5.05 million).
The show's future beyond the seventh season aside, the drama series has upped Amelia Rose Blaire to series regular. The actress was introduced as Willa Burrell, the daughter of Governor Truman Burrell, in season 6. Alexander Skarsgard has also been confirmed to return as series regular despite his character's apparent death in the season finale.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway