Fans Rage Over Ben Affleck's Casting as Batman, Launch Petition to Drop Him
Fans apparently are not that pleased with the new Bruce Wayne depicter. Not long after Warner Bros. announced Ben Affleck as Christian Bale's replacement in the "Man of Steel follow-up, many took to Twitter to voice their disapproval. According to social media analytics firm Fizziology, 71 percent of the talk was negative.
These unhappy fans even take further action as a shout-out to Warner Bros. A Change.org petition was launched to urge the studio to "Remove Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the Superman/Batman movie." As of this writing, 20,000 supporters have signed since it was started. "It would offend me to have Ben Affleck as Batman after what Christian Bale did," a fan reasoned.
For some people, the outrage is premature. They point out the fact that when Daniel Craig, Tobey Maguire and Heath Ledger were tapped to star as James Bond, Spider-Man and the Joker, the initial reaction from fans was also negative.
It, of course, will motivate Affleck more to prove that his portrayal of the Caped Crusader will not disappoint all Batman fans. To be able to prepare for his role, the Oscar winner has decided to bow out of Warner Bros.' "The Stand" after having been attached to direct the Stephen King adaptation since 2011. "Crazy Heart" helmer Scott Cooper will take over it instead.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Affleck can possibly be featured in "Justice League" movie.
More Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper