Ben Stiller Turning His 'Reality Bites' Into TV Show
Ben Stiller is developing a TV show based on his 1994 movie "Reality Bites" for NBC. The 47-year-old actor/director teams up with the film's scribe Helen Childress for a TV series version of the drama-comedy movie.
Stiller is on board as executive producer, while Childress will pen the pilot script. The story is set in early 1990s and follows recent college graduate Lelaina Pierce as she struggles to make her way romantically and professionally in the recession-plagued, pre-Internet era in Houston. Her "slacker" friends with whom she shares an apartment will also be key characters.
"Reality Bites" movie marks Stiller's directorial debut. In addition to taking behind-the-lens role, the Larry Daley of "Night at the Museum" starred in the film along with Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke.
No cast member for the TV project is announced as of now. The original stars likely won't reprise their roles for the half-hour comedy series.
More Ben Stiller News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!