Ben Stiller Turning His 'Reality Bites' Into TV Show
Ben Stiller is developing a TV show based on his 1994 movie "Reality Bites" for NBC. The 47-year-old actor/director teams up with the film's scribe Helen Childress for a TV series version of the drama-comedy movie.
Stiller is on board as executive producer, while Childress will pen the pilot script. The story is set in early 1990s and follows recent college graduate Lelaina Pierce as she struggles to make her way romantically and professionally in the recession-plagued, pre-Internet era in Houston. Her "slacker" friends with whom she shares an apartment will also be key characters.
"Reality Bites" movie marks Stiller's directorial debut. In addition to taking behind-the-lens role, the Larry Daley of "Night at the Museum" starred in the film along with Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke.
No cast member for the TV project is announced as of now. The original stars likely won't reprise their roles for the half-hour comedy series.
More Ben Stiller News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'