Ben Stiller Turning His 'Reality Bites' Into TV Show
Ben Stiller is developing a TV show based on his 1994 movie "Reality Bites" for NBC. The 47-year-old actor/director teams up with the film's scribe Helen Childress for a TV series version of the drama-comedy movie.
Stiller is on board as executive producer, while Childress will pen the pilot script. The story is set in early 1990s and follows recent college graduate Lelaina Pierce as she struggles to make her way romantically and professionally in the recession-plagued, pre-Internet era in Houston. Her "slacker" friends with whom she shares an apartment will also be key characters.
"Reality Bites" movie marks Stiller's directorial debut. In addition to taking behind-the-lens role, the Larry Daley of "Night at the Museum" starred in the film along with Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke.
No cast member for the TV project is announced as of now. The original stars likely won't reprise their roles for the half-hour comedy series.
More Ben Stiller News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- Calvin Harris Premieres Beachy Music Video for 'Feels' Ft. Katy Perry, Pharrell and Big Sean
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?