2 Chainz Released From Jail After Being Arrested in Oklahoma
Georgia rapper 2 Chainz got arrested Thursday morning, August 22 when he and his 10-man entourage got involved in an almost nine-hour stand-off with Oklahoma police. They refused to get off their tour bus following a traffic stop near Interstate 40 made by authorities upon noticing that the vehicle's taillights were out. After being detained on charges of obstructing a police officer, the MC has been released from the Oklahoma City jail that same afternoon, according to latest updates on the incident.
Before he was released, the Def Jam Records label artist tweeted, "This s**t will make u go crazy, our bus gets pulled 1 a week and they always say I smell weed I need to search ur bus. S**t gets tiring." The cops, who noticed signs of drug use when they approached the tour bus, said they found drugs after conducting a search, which they initially weren't able to do since the bus driver locked them out, insisting they should get a warrant first.
They eventually got into the bus after getting the warrant, during which they also arrested the 11 passengers for "interfering with the police process." Prior to their arrest, 2 Chainz just came off from his Wednesday night "America's Most Wanted" gig with Lil Wayne and T.I. at the Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City.
In April, 2 Chainz was also taken into custody for marijuana possession following a traffic stop on Maryland's Eastern Shore, but was later on acquitted.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues