2 Chainz Released From Jail After Being Arrested in Oklahoma
Georgia rapper 2 Chainz got arrested Thursday morning, August 22 when he and his 10-man entourage got involved in an almost nine-hour stand-off with Oklahoma police. They refused to get off their tour bus following a traffic stop near Interstate 40 made by authorities upon noticing that the vehicle's taillights were out. After being detained on charges of obstructing a police officer, the MC has been released from the Oklahoma City jail that same afternoon, according to latest updates on the incident.
Before he was released, the Def Jam Records label artist tweeted, "This s**t will make u go crazy, our bus gets pulled 1 a week and they always say I smell weed I need to search ur bus. S**t gets tiring." The cops, who noticed signs of drug use when they approached the tour bus, said they found drugs after conducting a search, which they initially weren't able to do since the bus driver locked them out, insisting they should get a warrant first.
They eventually got into the bus after getting the warrant, during which they also arrested the 11 passengers for "interfering with the police process." Prior to their arrest, 2 Chainz just came off from his Wednesday night "America's Most Wanted" gig with Lil Wayne and T.I. at the Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City.
In April, 2 Chainz was also taken into custody for marijuana possession following a traffic stop on Maryland's Eastern Shore, but was later on acquitted.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune