2 Chainz Released From Jail After Being Arrested in Oklahoma
Georgia rapper 2 Chainz got arrested Thursday morning, August 22 when he and his 10-man entourage got involved in an almost nine-hour stand-off with Oklahoma police. They refused to get off their tour bus following a traffic stop near Interstate 40 made by authorities upon noticing that the vehicle's taillights were out. After being detained on charges of obstructing a police officer, the MC has been released from the Oklahoma City jail that same afternoon, according to latest updates on the incident.
Before he was released, the Def Jam Records label artist tweeted, "This s**t will make u go crazy, our bus gets pulled 1 a week and they always say I smell weed I need to search ur bus. S**t gets tiring." The cops, who noticed signs of drug use when they approached the tour bus, said they found drugs after conducting a search, which they initially weren't able to do since the bus driver locked them out, insisting they should get a warrant first.
They eventually got into the bus after getting the warrant, during which they also arrested the 11 passengers for "interfering with the police process." Prior to their arrest, 2 Chainz just came off from his Wednesday night "America's Most Wanted" gig with Lil Wayne and T.I. at the Chesapeake Energy Center in Oklahoma City.
In April, 2 Chainz was also taken into custody for marijuana possession following a traffic stop on Maryland's Eastern Shore, but was later on acquitted.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen