Aziz Ansari Lands $3.5 Million Book Deal
Aziz Ansari has scored a multi-million-dollar deal with Penguin Press to publish his first book. The standup comedian reportedly gets $3.5 million advance for the untitled book about the single life which is expected to be published in September 2015.
It "will provide an investigation into what Ansari argues is an entirely new era for singles, in which the basic issues facing a single person - whom we meet, how we meet them, and what happens next - have been radically altered by new technologies."
The "Parks and Recreation" funnyman himself says, "You know when you text someone you're romantically interested in and you don't hear anything back and then you see them post a photo of a pizza on Instagram? That's exactly what I want this book to deal with."
He adds, "These are strange conundrums that no generation has ever faced before and it's a fascinating jumping off point for what I hope will be a very interesting book about modern courtship."
Details of his book deal remain under wraps, but it seems to put him just behind Lena Dunham after she scored a $3.7 M deal in October and likely ahead of celebrity writers such as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival