Aziz Ansari Lands $3.5 Million Book Deal
Aziz Ansari has scored a multi-million-dollar deal with Penguin Press to publish his first book. The standup comedian reportedly gets $3.5 million advance for the untitled book about the single life which is expected to be published in September 2015.
It "will provide an investigation into what Ansari argues is an entirely new era for singles, in which the basic issues facing a single person - whom we meet, how we meet them, and what happens next - have been radically altered by new technologies."
The "Parks and Recreation" funnyman himself says, "You know when you text someone you're romantically interested in and you don't hear anything back and then you see them post a photo of a pizza on Instagram? That's exactly what I want this book to deal with."
He adds, "These are strange conundrums that no generation has ever faced before and it's a fascinating jumping off point for what I hope will be a very interesting book about modern courtship."
Details of his book deal remain under wraps, but it seems to put him just behind Lena Dunham after she scored a $3.7 M deal in October and likely ahead of celebrity writers such as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March