Aziz Ansari Lands $3.5 Million Book Deal
Aziz Ansari has scored a multi-million-dollar deal with Penguin Press to publish his first book. The standup comedian reportedly gets $3.5 million advance for the untitled book about the single life which is expected to be published in September 2015.
It "will provide an investigation into what Ansari argues is an entirely new era for singles, in which the basic issues facing a single person - whom we meet, how we meet them, and what happens next - have been radically altered by new technologies."
The "Parks and Recreation" funnyman himself says, "You know when you text someone you're romantically interested in and you don't hear anything back and then you see them post a photo of a pizza on Instagram? That's exactly what I want this book to deal with."
He adds, "These are strange conundrums that no generation has ever faced before and it's a fascinating jumping off point for what I hope will be a very interesting book about modern courtship."
Details of his book deal remain under wraps, but it seems to put him just behind Lena Dunham after she scored a $3.7 M deal in October and likely ahead of celebrity writers such as Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs