Shailene Woodley's 'Divergent' Debuts Action-Packed Sneak Peek
The wait is over. "Divergent", Neil Burger's movie adapted from Veronica Roth's best-selling novel, finally provides fans with a first glimpse of its much-awaited teaser trailer that will make its way out at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, where stars Shailene Woodley and Theo James are set to unveil the said video on Sunday, August 25.
The video does not reveal much, but it is still interesting enough to finally see some of the starry names leaping into action. There is Woodley's Tris being told that she "is different" and her status, therefore, is called "divergent." Kate Winslet's Jeanine appears briefly and James' Four acts like Tris' guardian. "If you wanna survive," he says. "Follow me."
Written by Evan Daugherty and Vanessa Taylor, "Divergent" is set in a dystopian future where society is divided up into five factions. Learning that she doesn't belong in any of them, Tris discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents and tries to find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.
Ansel Elgort, Ashley Judd, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Zoe Kravitz, Christian Madsen and more are included for supporting roles. "Divergent" will bow out in theaters on March 21, 2014.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer