Shailene Woodley's 'Divergent' Debuts Action-Packed Sneak Peek
The wait is over. "Divergent", Neil Burger's movie adapted from Veronica Roth's best-selling novel, finally provides fans with a first glimpse of its much-awaited teaser trailer that will make its way out at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, where stars Shailene Woodley and Theo James are set to unveil the said video on Sunday, August 25.
The video does not reveal much, but it is still interesting enough to finally see some of the starry names leaping into action. There is Woodley's Tris being told that she "is different" and her status, therefore, is called "divergent." Kate Winslet's Jeanine appears briefly and James' Four acts like Tris' guardian. "If you wanna survive," he says. "Follow me."
Written by Evan Daugherty and Vanessa Taylor, "Divergent" is set in a dystopian future where society is divided up into five factions. Learning that she doesn't belong in any of them, Tris discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents and tries to find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.
Ansel Elgort, Ashley Judd, Miles Teller, Maggie Q, Zoe Kravitz, Christian Madsen and more are included for supporting roles. "Divergent" will bow out in theaters on March 21, 2014.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked