Katt Williams Gives $1,000 to Wheelchair-Bound Fan
Comedian Katt Williams has given a fan $1,000 after learning that the wheelchair-bound woman needs kidney transplant. According to a TMZ report, a woman was seen crying after Williams' show in Boston on Sunday, August 18. Security guards approached her to check her condition.
The woman told them that she was crying "tears of joy" because it was the first time she could laugh after receiving bad diagnosis from her doctor. The security team later took the woman backstage to see Williams.
Williams apparently was so touched after learning of the woman's condition. He briefly left the room only to go back with a folded up sheet of paper. The woman saw $100 bills in the folded paper. In addition to the cash, Williams wrote a message, "God never leaves." The woman cried again after receiving the bills, calling Williams' good deed an "awesome surprise."
The comedian recently was sentenced to 1 year informal probation which stemmed from a battery case back in November. Williams was slapped with a 10-year firearms prohibition, ordered to stay away from the Target employee whom he hit and fined $200 in addition to the probation.
A video of the November 25 incident shows Williams attacking the employee Forrest Liebenberg in the face after the funnyman tried to buy Liebenberg's motorcycle helmet. "He approached me, the argument got escalated, and that's when he hit me," Liebenberg said, as quoted by CBS13.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle
- Salazar's Grudge Against Jack Sparrow Is Explained in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' New TV Spot
- Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez May Need to Postpone Their Wedding Plan. Find Out Why
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke' Cast Dishes on Lady GaGa's Possible Return and More
- Artist of the Week: Jackie Evancho
- Traumatized Kim Kardashian Seeks Therapy After Paris Robbery
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- 'Venom Carnage' Is Listed as Horror Sci-Fi, Production Date Is Revealed