Randy Jackson May Replace Jimmy Iovine as 'American Idol' Mentor
Randy Jackson may not be leaving "American Idol" after all. The former judge on the veteran singing competition is said to replace Jimmy Iovine, who reportedly won't return to the show after three years serving as in-house mentor.
Iovine joined the FOX reality series in season 10. Many of the show's finalists were signed to his label Interscope Geffen A&M after the competition wrapped up its season. Jackson himself has worked with artists like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and NSYNC, and has been the vice president of artists and repertoire (A&R) at Columbia Records.
At the same time, "Idol" is still in search for a new judge. After Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez were sealed to return to season 13, Scooter Braun is now rumored to be wanted to fill the third spot. The manager of Justin Bieber is reportedly in talks for the gig as J.Lo would love to work with him on the show. "Jennifer loves Scooter and feels he'd be an excellent choice," a source tells Us Weekly. "She would love him to be a judge."
The 32-year-old talent manager emerges as a contender for the vacant spot after will.i.am and Sean "P. Diddy" Combs have reportedly passed on the gig. While the Black Eyed Peas member dropped out due to money negotiations, the Dirty Money rapper reportedly turned down the offer due to his past relationship with ex-girlfriend J.Lo and his former manager Benny Medina.
A so-called insider says the 43-year-old founder of Bad Boy Records "felt it was a 'her or me' situation," but his representative claims the report is "not true."
Record producer Dr. Luke has also been mentioned as a candidate to be the third "Idol" judge.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters