J. Cole Will Reshoot the Music Video for 'Crooked Smile'
Fans will have to wait a little bit longer until J. Cole drops the music video for "Crooked Smile". In a recent interview with Miss Info, the 28-year-old rapper said that he decided to reshoot the whole music video as he was unhappy with the first version.
"We have to re-shoot it," Cole told the site. "It came out nice but it just didn't come out exactly how I wanted. It's such an important song so I want the visual to match. If this was my first video then I would have panicked. We had to re-shoot 'Work Out' too."
In addition to still featuring TLC's Chilli, the new version will have a story concept. Fans can expect it to be released in a few weeks.
Cole went on to talk about how the success of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" enabled his "Crooked Smile" to appear on Pop radio.
"['Crooked Smile'] deserves to be the number one record in the country. I think Macklemore's 'Thrift Shop' gave me hope for a song like this," the Roc Nation rapper said. "I think he kinda... as weird as it is, and it's always happens like this, the White boys got to open the door for Black people at White radio."
"It happened with [Elvis Presley], Eminem, Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, and now hopefully Macklemore with a song like 'Thrift Shop' can allow 'Crooked Smile' to get its proper shine at Pop radio," he added.
More J. Cole News
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift