Brandy Performs to Empty South Africa Stadium During Mandela Event
R'n'B artist Brandy was booked to perform in front of a crowd of 90,000 spectators at the First National Bank (FNB) Stadium in Johannesburg, South Africa as part of the festivities for Nelson Mandela Sport and Culture Day. However, when she finally took the stage as the last act of the night, she was left with an audience of no more than 40 people, and was even cut from the televised broadcast.
After singing two of her hits, the "Boy Is Mine" singer decided to end her set and walked offstage. The cringe-inducing scene was reportedly a result of her participation in the event not being properly advertised, resulting in the crowd that had filled the stadium earlier in the day to enjoy the soccer and rugby games and live performances from countless artists to leave ahead of Brandy's performance.
The unfortunate incident would have gone unnoticed if not for the tweets sent out by South African singer Kabomo who was one of those people who remained in the stadium to watch Brandy. "I have no words for what I just witnessed...," he wrote before eventually describing the scene with, "There are more people there on a random Tuesday... Depressing."
"It was late. People didn't know there was a concert after the games. No one knew Brandy was around," the musician added. Neither Brandy nor the concert organizer has commented about the incident.
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'
- Does Scott Disick Have a Chance? Kourtney Posts Cryptic Message Amid Their Reunion Rumor