Paul Bettany Casts His Wife Jennifer Connelly in Directorial Debut
Paul Bettany will team up with his wife Jennifer Connelly in "Shelter", the British actor's directorial debut which he also writes and produces alongside Daniel Wagner, Robert Ogden Barnum and Katie Mustard. The Silas of "The Da Vinci Code" also casts Anthony Mackie in his new project.
"It's my intention to surround myself with hugely talented people and then claim all the credit," says Bettany, who voiced Jarvis in "Iron Man" and "The Avengers". "I have great actors, great producers and a great city to shoot in- plus I'm hoping to keep alive the time-honored tradition sacred to directors and seduce my leading actress."
On board to executive produce are Cassian Elwes, Aimee Sheih, Melanie Greene, Dana Brown, and Clay Floren. Plot details are being kept under wraps. The production will be kicked off later this year in Manhattan.
Married on January 1, 2003, in Scotland, Bettany and Connelly met when shooting "A Beautiful Mind", in which she starred as Russell Crowe's on-screen wife and for which she won several awards, including an Oscar for Best Actress in Supporting Role. They later were paired up in "Creation" with Bettany playing Charles Darwin and Connelly as his wife Emma.
Bettany is currently filming "Transcendence", while his wife will next be seen in Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent