Paul Bettany Casts His Wife Jennifer Connelly in Directorial Debut
Paul Bettany will team up with his wife Jennifer Connelly in "Shelter", the British actor's directorial debut which he also writes and produces alongside Daniel Wagner, Robert Ogden Barnum and Katie Mustard. The Silas of "The Da Vinci Code" also casts Anthony Mackie in his new project.
"It's my intention to surround myself with hugely talented people and then claim all the credit," says Bettany, who voiced Jarvis in "Iron Man" and "The Avengers". "I have great actors, great producers and a great city to shoot in- plus I'm hoping to keep alive the time-honored tradition sacred to directors and seduce my leading actress."
On board to executive produce are Cassian Elwes, Aimee Sheih, Melanie Greene, Dana Brown, and Clay Floren. Plot details are being kept under wraps. The production will be kicked off later this year in Manhattan.
Married on January 1, 2003, in Scotland, Bettany and Connelly met when shooting "A Beautiful Mind", in which she starred as Russell Crowe's on-screen wife and for which she won several awards, including an Oscar for Best Actress in Supporting Role. They later were paired up in "Creation" with Bettany playing Charles Darwin and Connelly as his wife Emma.
Bettany is currently filming "Transcendence", while his wife will next be seen in Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'