Paul Bettany Casts His Wife Jennifer Connelly in Directorial Debut
Paul Bettany will team up with his wife Jennifer Connelly in "Shelter", the British actor's directorial debut which he also writes and produces alongside Daniel Wagner, Robert Ogden Barnum and Katie Mustard. The Silas of "The Da Vinci Code" also casts Anthony Mackie in his new project.
"It's my intention to surround myself with hugely talented people and then claim all the credit," says Bettany, who voiced Jarvis in "Iron Man" and "The Avengers". "I have great actors, great producers and a great city to shoot in- plus I'm hoping to keep alive the time-honored tradition sacred to directors and seduce my leading actress."
On board to executive produce are Cassian Elwes, Aimee Sheih, Melanie Greene, Dana Brown, and Clay Floren. Plot details are being kept under wraps. The production will be kicked off later this year in Manhattan.
Married on January 1, 2003, in Scotland, Bettany and Connelly met when shooting "A Beautiful Mind", in which she starred as Russell Crowe's on-screen wife and for which she won several awards, including an Oscar for Best Actress in Supporting Role. They later were paired up in "Creation" with Bettany playing Charles Darwin and Connelly as his wife Emma.
Bettany is currently filming "Transcendence", while his wife will next be seen in Darren Aronofsky's "Noah".
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns