'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Announces Cast and New Twists
"Survivor" has revealed the 20 castaways of its "Blood vs. Water" edition. The upcoming season of the CBS long-running reality show will bring back 10 former contestants who will compete with their loved ones for $1 million prize.
Among the returning contestants are "Survivor: Panama" winner Aras Baskauskas, who will play with his brother Vytas, and the winner of the show's second season, Tina Wesson, who brings along her daughter Katie Collins. Another familiar face is Hayden Moss, the "Big Brother 12" winner who is dating "Survivor: One World" contestant Kat Edorsson.
The upcoming season will mark the return of Redemption Island but there's a twist. The contestants are given a chance to choose whether to switch places with their partners on Redemption Island or leave them in exile to survive on their own.
The competition will start at night and the returning players and the new players will be split into two tribes (Galang and Tadhana. Each tribe will immediately be forced to vote someone off to the Redemption Island. The three castoffs will then compete to return to camp and the winner will come back with a clue about the Immunity Idol's location.
"Survivor: Blood vs. Water" premieres with a 90-minutes episode on Wednesday, September 18 on CBS. Jeff Probst returns as host. Individual photos and interview videos of the castaways are available on the show's official site.
"Survivor: Blood vs. Water" contestants:
- Tyson Apostol ("Tocantins", "Heroes vs. Villains") with girlfriend Rachel
- Tina Wesson ("Australian Outback", "All-Stars") with daughter Katie
- Kat Edorsson ("One World") with boyfriend (and "Big Brother" season 12 winner) Hayden
- Rupert Boneham ("Pearl Islands", "All-Stars", "Heroes vs. Villains") with wife Laura
- Gervase Peterson ("Borneo") with niece Marissa
- Colton Cumbie ("One World") with fiance Caleb
- Aras Baskauskas ("Panama-Exile Island") with brother Vytas
- Monica Culpepper ("One World") with husband Brad
- Laura Morett ("Samoa") with daughter Clera
- Candice Cody ("Cook Islands", "Heroes vs. Villains") with husband John
More Survivor News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch