'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' Announces Cast and New Twists
"Survivor" has revealed the 20 castaways of its "Blood vs. Water" edition. The upcoming season of the CBS long-running reality show will bring back 10 former contestants who will compete with their loved ones for $1 million prize.
Among the returning contestants are "Survivor: Panama" winner Aras Baskauskas, who will play with his brother Vytas, and the winner of the show's second season, Tina Wesson, who brings along her daughter Katie Collins. Another familiar face is Hayden Moss, the "Big Brother 12" winner who is dating "Survivor: One World" contestant Kat Edorsson.
The upcoming season will mark the return of Redemption Island but there's a twist. The contestants are given a chance to choose whether to switch places with their partners on Redemption Island or leave them in exile to survive on their own.
The competition will start at night and the returning players and the new players will be split into two tribes (Galang and Tadhana. Each tribe will immediately be forced to vote someone off to the Redemption Island. The three castoffs will then compete to return to camp and the winner will come back with a clue about the Immunity Idol's location.
"Survivor: Blood vs. Water" premieres with a 90-minutes episode on Wednesday, September 18 on CBS. Jeff Probst returns as host. Individual photos and interview videos of the castaways are available on the show's official site.
"Survivor: Blood vs. Water" contestants:
- Tyson Apostol ("Tocantins", "Heroes vs. Villains") with girlfriend Rachel
- Tina Wesson ("Australian Outback", "All-Stars") with daughter Katie
- Kat Edorsson ("One World") with boyfriend (and "Big Brother" season 12 winner) Hayden
- Rupert Boneham ("Pearl Islands", "All-Stars", "Heroes vs. Villains") with wife Laura
- Gervase Peterson ("Borneo") with niece Marissa
- Colton Cumbie ("One World") with fiance Caleb
- Aras Baskauskas ("Panama-Exile Island") with brother Vytas
- Monica Culpepper ("One World") with husband Brad
- Laura Morett ("Samoa") with daughter Clera
- Candice Cody ("Cook Islands", "Heroes vs. Villains") with husband John
More Survivor News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent