Police in Doubt Over Lisa Robin Kelly's Cause of Death
Law enforcement officers reportedly are suspicious of Lisa Robin Kelly's cause of death. TMZ reports that the L.A. County Coroner and the L.A. County Sheriff are conducting separate investigations into the case. According to the site, there are some points which are questionable regarding Kelly's death.
The "That '70s Show" star was pronounced dead at 8:07 A.M. on Thursday, August 15. However, the Coroner did not receive any call about the death until a staff member noticed the news from an online site at noon. A doctor from the rehab facility reportedly concluded that Kelly died from an embolism.
Sources said that the Coroner office disagreed with the conclusion, because embolism only could be located after an autopsy is carried out. They have not made determination about the embolism allegation. While waiting for the results of toxicology report, the Sheriff said that no information could be issued as the case was being investigated.
Kelly voluntarily enrolled in a rehab program to treat her addiction to alcohol before she died in her sleep last week. "I spoke to her on Monday and she was hopeful and confident, looking forward to putting this part of her life behind her. Last night she lost the battle," her agent Craig Wyckoff announced the sad news.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton