Taylor Swift References Kanye West's VMAs Rant on Gift for Ed Sheeran
Although it's been four years since the much-talked about interruption of her MTV Video Music Awards acceptance speech by Kanye West, Taylor Swift made it apparent that the incident's still quite an abundant source for some amusing jokes. The country music beauty recently poked fun at the incident on the homemade jam gift that she gave to her tour mate Ed Sheeran.
On Monday, Sheeran posted on his Instagram a photo of a jar of homemade jam that the "Red" singer made for him, with a caption that read, "Taylor made me some jam. Amazing." The message on the gift tag read, "Yo Ed, I'm really happy 4 you and I'm gonna let you finish but this is the best JAM OF ALL TIME -- T."
That of course was, with only a few words needed to be modified by Swift, was West's infamous rant from the microphone-grabbing incident he unleashed on the young singer back in 2009 when she was accepting the Best Female Video award for "You Belong to Me". "Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm going to let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time, one of the best videos of all time!" exclaimed the rapper.
Swift and West are both set to appear at the forthcoming 2013 MTV Video Music Awards on August 25 in Brooklyn's Barclays Center. As she tweeted last month after the nominees were announced, Swift promises to "keep a firmer grip on the mic this time" if she wins any.
More Taylor Swift News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour