A$AP Rocky Reacts to Kendrick Lamar's 'Control' Verse
After his fellow New York-based rap superstars P. Diddy, Fabolous, Jim Jones and Nas have already given their two cents worth over Kendrick Lamar's rap verse on Big Sean's "Control", it was A$AP Rocky's turn to react to K.Dot's "King of New York" claim. Though the Harlem rapper said, "That king of New York sh*t, you smoking crack. You crazy," he actually had a deeper take on the whole thing.
Responding to Funkmaster Flex in an interview over at Hot97, the 24-year-old MC who was among the artists name-dropped by Lamar in the lyrics said, "It's ni**as pissed off just because they wasn't mentioned. I'm not justifying sh*t, rap is rap. The ni**a didn't say nothing about nobody mother, he ain't want problems. He said these is my ni**as and I'm lettin' ya'll know it's competition. What's the problem?"
Although he did not readily agree with K.Dot's move of claiming to be "King of New York," he did give him props for trying to shake up the hip-hop world, saying, "I got a crib in L.A. I'm doing the same venues, if not bigger venues...I'm not gonna say I'm the king of L.A. I could, at least I live there." About Lamar, he said, "I feel like that ni**a's one of the most talented of our generation. I ain't got nothing but love for my whole TDE fam...I think hip-hop needs this."
Ultimately, A$AP Rocky echoed Lamar's call for everyone to step up their game. "It's not about being relevant or not because hip-hop ain't about relevance, man, it's all about the sport, it's all about the culture," he said.
More A$AP Rocky News
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'