Report: Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam to Be Paired in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
In less than a year, "Fifty Shades of Grey" will be unleashed into theaters. With that information, casting rumors circling around the project, developed at Focus Features, continue swirling. The latest reports that have just hit the web claim that the actress and actor to bring Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey to life might have been found out.
First off, The Wrap learns that Dakota Johnson, Melanie Griffith's daughter who had brief yet memorable appearance in "The Social Network", is being considered to be the female lead. Despite being not a big star yet, Johnson apparently matches almost all descriptions writer E.L. James has for her fictional character in the 2011 bestselling R-rated novel.
As pointed out by the site, Anastasia Steele is a 22-year-old beauty with features like pale skin, big blue eyes and full lips. Though sources with the knowledge say nothing is official, the 23-year-old stepdaughter of Antonio Banderas surely will make a perfect Ana if eventually on board the film, which most likely can launch her to stardom.
As for Christian Grey, Twitch reports that the production team is eyeing Charlie Hunnam, who recently starred in "Pacific Rim". He is the latest name linked to the role of the "handsome, yet tormented billionaire." Before him, Ian Somerhalder, Armie Hammer, Aaron Johnson and more were mentioned.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri