Report: Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam to Be Paired in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
In less than a year, "Fifty Shades of Grey" will be unleashed into theaters. With that information, casting rumors circling around the project, developed at Focus Features, continue swirling. The latest reports that have just hit the web claim that the actress and actor to bring Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey to life might have been found out.
First off, The Wrap learns that Dakota Johnson, Melanie Griffith's daughter who had brief yet memorable appearance in "The Social Network", is being considered to be the female lead. Despite being not a big star yet, Johnson apparently matches almost all descriptions writer E.L. James has for her fictional character in the 2011 bestselling R-rated novel.
As pointed out by the site, Anastasia Steele is a 22-year-old beauty with features like pale skin, big blue eyes and full lips. Though sources with the knowledge say nothing is official, the 23-year-old stepdaughter of Antonio Banderas surely will make a perfect Ana if eventually on board the film, which most likely can launch her to stardom.
As for Christian Grey, Twitch reports that the production team is eyeing Charlie Hunnam, who recently starred in "Pacific Rim". He is the latest name linked to the role of the "handsome, yet tormented billionaire." Before him, Ian Somerhalder, Armie Hammer, Aaron Johnson and more were mentioned.
More Fifty Shades of Grey News
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father