Report: Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam to Be Paired in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
In less than a year, "Fifty Shades of Grey" will be unleashed into theaters. With that information, casting rumors circling around the project, developed at Focus Features, continue swirling. The latest reports that have just hit the web claim that the actress and actor to bring Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey to life might have been found out.
First off, The Wrap learns that Dakota Johnson, Melanie Griffith's daughter who had brief yet memorable appearance in "The Social Network", is being considered to be the female lead. Despite being not a big star yet, Johnson apparently matches almost all descriptions writer E.L. James has for her fictional character in the 2011 bestselling R-rated novel.
As pointed out by the site, Anastasia Steele is a 22-year-old beauty with features like pale skin, big blue eyes and full lips. Though sources with the knowledge say nothing is official, the 23-year-old stepdaughter of Antonio Banderas surely will make a perfect Ana if eventually on board the film, which most likely can launch her to stardom.
As for Christian Grey, Twitch reports that the production team is eyeing Charlie Hunnam, who recently starred in "Pacific Rim". He is the latest name linked to the role of the "handsome, yet tormented billionaire." Before him, Ian Somerhalder, Armie Hammer, Aaron Johnson and more were mentioned.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton