Report: Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam to Be Paired in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
In less than a year, "Fifty Shades of Grey" will be unleashed into theaters. With that information, casting rumors circling around the project, developed at Focus Features, continue swirling. The latest reports that have just hit the web claim that the actress and actor to bring Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey to life might have been found out.
First off, The Wrap learns that Dakota Johnson, Melanie Griffith's daughter who had brief yet memorable appearance in "The Social Network", is being considered to be the female lead. Despite being not a big star yet, Johnson apparently matches almost all descriptions writer E.L. James has for her fictional character in the 2011 bestselling R-rated novel.
As pointed out by the site, Anastasia Steele is a 22-year-old beauty with features like pale skin, big blue eyes and full lips. Though sources with the knowledge say nothing is official, the 23-year-old stepdaughter of Antonio Banderas surely will make a perfect Ana if eventually on board the film, which most likely can launch her to stardom.
As for Christian Grey, Twitch reports that the production team is eyeing Charlie Hunnam, who recently starred in "Pacific Rim". He is the latest name linked to the role of the "handsome, yet tormented billionaire." Before him, Ian Somerhalder, Armie Hammer, Aaron Johnson and more were mentioned.
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Linkin Park's Frontman Chester Bennington Commits Suicide at 41
- Hulu Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Marvel's Runaways', 'Mindy Project' and More
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'