Video: Taylor Swift Duets With Cher Lloyd and Sara Bareilles at Her L.A. Show
Taylor Swift brought out two surprise guests when bringing her Red tour to Los Angeles' Staples Center on Monday night, August 19. Cher Lloyd was the first guest to hit the stage with Swift at the show. "She is a long way away from home," Swift told the audience when introducing Lloyd.
"She is actually from the U.K. and she sings this song that has been in my head ever since it came out last summer," she added. Lloyd then joined Swift on the stage to perform her hit, "Want U Back".
Swift later invited another guest to her stage. "Guys, there's a song that came out a few months ago, and I listen to it every single time I have a bad self-esteem day -which is a lot," Swift raved about the song she was going to sing with Sara Bareilles.
"This song is so beautifully written. It's so original. It's something I've listened to hundreds and hundreds of times by an artist who I absolutely adore. A singer-songwriter who's so incredibly talented, it's ridiculous. She came here out of the goodness of her heart to sing for you tonight," she continued before welcoming Bareilles.
The two singers delivered a beautiful and energetic performance of Bareilles' "Brave", an inspirational song which has been compared to Katy Perry's "Roar".
After the show, Swift took to Twitter to praise Bareilles. "Tonight at Staples was an absolute DREAM," Swift wrote. "@SaraBareilles came out to sing 'Brave', one of my favorite songs. And she completely smashed it!!"
Taylor Swift Performs "Want U Back" With Cher Lloyd:
Taylor Swift Performs "Brave" With Sara Bareilles:
More Taylor Swift News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts