Katy Perry to Close MTV VMAs With 'Roar'
Katy Perry has been added to the lineup of this year's MTV Video Music Awards. According to MTV, the 28-year-old singer will close the annual event with the first television performance of "Roar", the lead single off her upcoming "Prism" album.
Perry will perform from an undisclosed location in Brooklyn on Sunday night, August 25. She joins other artists like Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus. Lady GaGa will open the awards-giving show with "Applause", her newest single which arrived almost at the same time as Perry's "Roar".
Perry isn't done sharing exciting news to her fans. She has teamed up with Pepsi to tease two new tunes from "Prism". Starting Tuesday, August 20, fans can tweet #KATYNOW to unlock the details of the tracks, including titles and lyrics. The two tracks will later be previewed on pepsi.mtv.com.
Fans will be asked to choose one song they want to hear the most, and Perry will release it commercially on September 17. Additionally, Pepsi will give away downloads of "Roar" to any fan who registers for its Pepsi Experience Points rewards program.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21