Katy Perry to Close MTV VMAs With 'Roar'
Katy Perry has been added to the lineup of this year's MTV Video Music Awards. According to MTV, the 28-year-old singer will close the annual event with the first television performance of "Roar", the lead single off her upcoming "Prism" album.
Perry will perform from an undisclosed location in Brooklyn on Sunday night, August 25. She joins other artists like Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke and Miley Cyrus. Lady GaGa will open the awards-giving show with "Applause", her newest single which arrived almost at the same time as Perry's "Roar".
Perry isn't done sharing exciting news to her fans. She has teamed up with Pepsi to tease two new tunes from "Prism". Starting Tuesday, August 20, fans can tweet #KATYNOW to unlock the details of the tracks, including titles and lyrics. The two tracks will later be previewed on pepsi.mtv.com.
Fans will be asked to choose one song they want to hear the most, and Perry will release it commercially on September 17. Additionally, Pepsi will give away downloads of "Roar" to any fan who registers for its Pepsi Experience Points rewards program.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting