Katy Perry's 'Roar' Set to Debut With More Than 525,000 Copies Sold
Katy Perry's "Roar" is ready to rule this week's Billboard 100. Billboard reported that the 28-year-old singer's latest single, which was previously expected to sell around 450,000 copies, is now set to debut with 525,000 and 550,000.
That will mark Perry's largest opening week to date. Her previous best sales figure came in the last week of 2010, when her hit single "Firework" sold 509,000 copies.
"Roar" will outsell "Applause", Lady GaGa's newest song which was debuted after prematurely hitting the web last week. Having been projected to sell 200,000-225,000 copies in its first week, "Applause" can't defeat "Born This Way", GaGa's 2011 hit that debuted with 448,000.
"Roar" and "Applause" serve as the lead singles off the pop singers' respective upcoming albums. Perry's "Prism" is slated to drop on October 22 while GaGa's "ARTPOP" is due November 11.
The official Nielsen SoundScan sales figures for both songs will be announced on Wednesday, August 21.
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad