'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Debuts First Official Image
After many photos have made its way out online, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" finally drops the very first official image via Hitsville. Featured in the aforementioned picture are Nicholas Hoult's human-form Beast, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and James McAvoy's Professor X in their retro looks.
The official image comes a day after the production of the highly-anticipated flick in Montreal, Canada wrapped. Director Bryan Singer posted the final image from the set on Twitter. "Just wrapped! Eternal thx 2 our amazing Montreal crew! C u at the party," wrote Singer to caption the pic featuring him, Hugh Jackman, screenwriter Simon Kinberg and producer Hutch Parker.
Previously, director Singer uploaded three images. In one of them, Michael Fassbender is seen gracing three monitors. In another, a collection of mutant artifacts is teased. The last one, meanwhile, reveals the difficulties of shooting a scene on water.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
From 20th Century Fox, the latest "X-Men" installment is set to storm theaters nationwide on May 23, 2014.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7