'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Debuts First Official Image
After many photos have made its way out online, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" finally drops the very first official image via Hitsville. Featured in the aforementioned picture are Nicholas Hoult's human-form Beast, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and James McAvoy's Professor X in their retro looks.
The official image comes a day after the production of the highly-anticipated flick in Montreal, Canada wrapped. Director Bryan Singer posted the final image from the set on Twitter. "Just wrapped! Eternal thx 2 our amazing Montreal crew! C u at the party," wrote Singer to caption the pic featuring him, Hugh Jackman, screenwriter Simon Kinberg and producer Hutch Parker.
Previously, director Singer uploaded three images. In one of them, Michael Fassbender is seen gracing three monitors. In another, a collection of mutant artifacts is teased. The last one, meanwhile, reveals the difficulties of shooting a scene on water.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
From 20th Century Fox, the latest "X-Men" installment is set to storm theaters nationwide on May 23, 2014.
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'