'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Debuts First Official Image
After many photos have made its way out online, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" finally drops the very first official image via Hitsville. Featured in the aforementioned picture are Nicholas Hoult's human-form Beast, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and James McAvoy's Professor X in their retro looks.
The official image comes a day after the production of the highly-anticipated flick in Montreal, Canada wrapped. Director Bryan Singer posted the final image from the set on Twitter. "Just wrapped! Eternal thx 2 our amazing Montreal crew! C u at the party," wrote Singer to caption the pic featuring him, Hugh Jackman, screenwriter Simon Kinberg and producer Hutch Parker.
Previously, director Singer uploaded three images. In one of them, Michael Fassbender is seen gracing three monitors. In another, a collection of mutant artifacts is teased. The last one, meanwhile, reveals the difficulties of shooting a scene on water.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
From 20th Century Fox, the latest "X-Men" installment is set to storm theaters nationwide on May 23, 2014.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons