'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Debuts First Official Image
After many photos have made its way out online, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" finally drops the very first official image via Hitsville. Featured in the aforementioned picture are Nicholas Hoult's human-form Beast, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and James McAvoy's Professor X in their retro looks.
The official image comes a day after the production of the highly-anticipated flick in Montreal, Canada wrapped. Director Bryan Singer posted the final image from the set on Twitter. "Just wrapped! Eternal thx 2 our amazing Montreal crew! C u at the party," wrote Singer to caption the pic featuring him, Hugh Jackman, screenwriter Simon Kinberg and producer Hutch Parker.
Previously, director Singer uploaded three images. In one of them, Michael Fassbender is seen gracing three monitors. In another, a collection of mutant artifacts is teased. The last one, meanwhile, reveals the difficulties of shooting a scene on water.
"Days of Future Past" will be based on Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run. The story introduced the idea of an alternate future for the Marvel mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.
From 20th Century Fox, the latest "X-Men" installment is set to storm theaters nationwide on May 23, 2014.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars