Lindsay Lohan Tells Oprah Winfrey 'I Don't Blame Anyone for My Mistakes'
Four days after completing her latest rehab late last month, Lindsay Lohan sat down with Oprah Winfrey for her first post-rehab interview. That revealing conversation was finally aired on "Oprah's Next Chapter" Sunday, August 18, where the 27-year-old actress talked about her much publicized addictions, her family troubles and even her time in jail back in 2010.
Acknowledging the belief that she's her "own worst enemy," the "Mean Girls" star told Winfrey that she believed she could finally turn things around if she took her experiences in rehab to "regain the trust of people and my career." Her most recent stint in rehab was a 90-day court-ordered treatment program at the Cliffside facility in Malibu to address her substance abuse problems.
The drug issues were apparently a consequence brought on by her addiction to alcohol, as Lohan explained to the media mogul. "That in the past was a gateway to other things for me...It was like a party thing. People would have it and I would do it," said the actress whose ten-year addiction to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol has earned her an accumulated total of 250 days out of the six times she's been in and out of rehab in the last six years.
Although she owned up to her past missteps by saying "I don't blame anyone for my mistakes," the former child star attributed her downfall to growing up "in a very chaotic home" and being paid way "too much" at such a young age. Despite the family issues, she defended her parents by saying "nobody's perfect," and that she believes they never intended to exploit her in any way.
Perhaps Lohan's most striking revelation was how she sort of "wanted to go to jail" just so she could "find some peace and have no choice but to just sit and be." After being tabloid fodder for the past few years, she declared she's no longer going to be the poster child for "child star gone wrong" and that she's ready to claim her life back.
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry