Singer Raz B Is in Stable Condition After Coma
Former B2K member Raz B thankfully regained consciousness on Sunday, August 18, after he previously slipped into coma. The singer, who was comatose after a glass bottle was smashed in his face, is now reportedly able to breathe on his own.
A representative for Raz tells TMZ that it is miracle that he survived. The R'n'B singer apparently is responsive and even able to smile. Although Raz is doing much better than several days ago, he is expected to stay at the hospital a few more days so that doctors can monitor his condition.
Raz was performing in a club in Zhejiang, China on Thursday evening, when he saw a fight broke among the audience members. Someone hit Raz in the face with a glass bottle as he tried to break the fight. He received a minor surgery and several stitches for the wounds following the incident, but he failed to wake up the next day. A back dancer rushed him to hospital. "He is in a coma and needs as many prayers as possible," Raz's publicist Toy Jones confirmed the singer's life-threatening condition at that time.
Fans and fellow celebrities took to Twitter to wish him speedy recovery after the news emerged. "Prayers for Raz B," Russell Simmons wrote. Actress Maia Campbell, who is mostly known for her role as Tiffany on "In the House", said, "Please pray with me I am so worried about Raz B he is very close friend of mine. #PrayersforRazB."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia