Bradley Cooper in Talks to Produce and Possibly Star in Jay Roach's Lance Armstrong Biopic
Earlier this year, Bradley Cooper denied that he would take part in a Lance Armstrong biopic that has J.J. Abrams as its producer and is developed at Paramount Pictures. Now, according to Deadline, the Eddie Morra of "Limitless" is ready to jump aboard a project about the disgraced cyclist that apparently is not the aforementioned one.
Cooper enters talks to produce "Red Blooded American" for Warner Bros. The leading man in "The Hangover" and its two follow-ups is also eyeing a chance to star as one of two lead characters in the film to be directed by Jay Roach. One of them is Armstrong, while the other is his ex-teammate Tyler Hamilton, who revealed Armstrong's doping in a "60 Minutes" segment.
Deadline reports that Warner Bros., Paramount and Working Title Films, which also develops its own film about the infamous athlete with Stephen Frears as director and Ben Foster as the lead, are competing to get their movie screened first. With Cooper most likely attached to star, it now leaves Paramount as the only studio that has not found any cast member yet.
Cooper will next be seen in "Serena" and "American Hustle", both of which reunite him with his "Silver Linings Playbook" love interest, Jennifer Lawrence.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'