Dwayne Johnson Turned Into Beast in 'Hercules' Instagram Video
After a series of teaser images, leading man Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson now posts a short Instagram video taken from the "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" set. It does give another look at the costume that the buffed action star, but what is interesting in the video is that Johnson reveals that the mythological demigod in director Brett Ratner's version will be very deadly.
"Today we have Prop Supervisor Mickey who's ensuring the drapes are perfectly still for our take once I get in position," Johnson explains. "What Mickey doesn't know is I'm a beast w/ a vice grip and once my hands get ahold of you, you become my lunch. #MickeyLivesAnotherDay #LeatherCanBeRestricting #GottaSumHaveFun #HERCULESMovie."
Hercules will be featured as a mortal, instead of the son of Zeus, with a fearsome reputation. Written by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos, the movie will have Rhesus, a golden-locked barbarian and revolutionary, as the archenemy of the lead character. "Kon-Tiki" actor Tobias Santelmann has nabbed the aforementioned villainous role.
Johnson will also star alongside his cousin, WWE wrestler Tamina Snuka, whose role remains mystery. Rufus Sewell, Ian McShane, Irina Shayk and more are added to the cast ensemble for supporting roles.
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 25, 2014.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie