Dwayne Johnson Turned Into Beast in 'Hercules' Instagram Video
After a series of teaser images, leading man Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson now posts a short Instagram video taken from the "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" set. It does give another look at the costume that the buffed action star, but what is interesting in the video is that Johnson reveals that the mythological demigod in director Brett Ratner's version will be very deadly.
"Today we have Prop Supervisor Mickey who's ensuring the drapes are perfectly still for our take once I get in position," Johnson explains. "What Mickey doesn't know is I'm a beast w/ a vice grip and once my hands get ahold of you, you become my lunch. #MickeyLivesAnotherDay #LeatherCanBeRestricting #GottaSumHaveFun #HERCULESMovie."
Hercules will be featured as a mortal, instead of the son of Zeus, with a fearsome reputation. Written by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos, the movie will have Rhesus, a golden-locked barbarian and revolutionary, as the archenemy of the lead character. "Kon-Tiki" actor Tobias Santelmann has nabbed the aforementioned villainous role.
Johnson will also star alongside his cousin, WWE wrestler Tamina Snuka, whose role remains mystery. Rufus Sewell, Ian McShane, Irina Shayk and more are added to the cast ensemble for supporting roles.
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 25, 2014.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna