Dwayne Johnson Turned Into Beast in 'Hercules' Instagram Video
After a series of teaser images, leading man Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson now posts a short Instagram video taken from the "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" set. It does give another look at the costume that the buffed action star, but what is interesting in the video is that Johnson reveals that the mythological demigod in director Brett Ratner's version will be very deadly.
"Today we have Prop Supervisor Mickey who's ensuring the drapes are perfectly still for our take once I get in position," Johnson explains. "What Mickey doesn't know is I'm a beast w/ a vice grip and once my hands get ahold of you, you become my lunch. #MickeyLivesAnotherDay #LeatherCanBeRestricting #GottaSumHaveFun #HERCULESMovie."
Hercules will be featured as a mortal, instead of the son of Zeus, with a fearsome reputation. Written by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos, the movie will have Rhesus, a golden-locked barbarian and revolutionary, as the archenemy of the lead character. "Kon-Tiki" actor Tobias Santelmann has nabbed the aforementioned villainous role.
Johnson will also star alongside his cousin, WWE wrestler Tamina Snuka, whose role remains mystery. Rufus Sewell, Ian McShane, Irina Shayk and more are added to the cast ensemble for supporting roles.
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 25, 2014.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent