Dwayne Johnson Turned Into Beast in 'Hercules' Instagram Video
After a series of teaser images, leading man Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson now posts a short Instagram video taken from the "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" set. It does give another look at the costume that the buffed action star, but what is interesting in the video is that Johnson reveals that the mythological demigod in director Brett Ratner's version will be very deadly.
"Today we have Prop Supervisor Mickey who's ensuring the drapes are perfectly still for our take once I get in position," Johnson explains. "What Mickey doesn't know is I'm a beast w/ a vice grip and once my hands get ahold of you, you become my lunch. #MickeyLivesAnotherDay #LeatherCanBeRestricting #GottaSumHaveFun #HERCULESMovie."
Hercules will be featured as a mortal, instead of the son of Zeus, with a fearsome reputation. Written by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos, the movie will have Rhesus, a golden-locked barbarian and revolutionary, as the archenemy of the lead character. "Kon-Tiki" actor Tobias Santelmann has nabbed the aforementioned villainous role.
Johnson will also star alongside his cousin, WWE wrestler Tamina Snuka, whose role remains mystery. Rufus Sewell, Ian McShane, Irina Shayk and more are added to the cast ensemble for supporting roles.
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 25, 2014.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal