Dwayne Johnson Turned Into Beast in 'Hercules' Instagram Video
After a series of teaser images, leading man Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson now posts a short Instagram video taken from the "Hercules: The Thracian Wars" set. It does give another look at the costume that the buffed action star, but what is interesting in the video is that Johnson reveals that the mythological demigod in director Brett Ratner's version will be very deadly.
"Today we have Prop Supervisor Mickey who's ensuring the drapes are perfectly still for our take once I get in position," Johnson explains. "What Mickey doesn't know is I'm a beast w/ a vice grip and once my hands get ahold of you, you become my lunch. #MickeyLivesAnotherDay #LeatherCanBeRestricting #GottaSumHaveFun #HERCULESMovie."
Hercules will be featured as a mortal, instead of the son of Zeus, with a fearsome reputation. Written by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos, the movie will have Rhesus, a golden-locked barbarian and revolutionary, as the archenemy of the lead character. "Kon-Tiki" actor Tobias Santelmann has nabbed the aforementioned villainous role.
Johnson will also star alongside his cousin, WWE wrestler Tamina Snuka, whose role remains mystery. Rufus Sewell, Ian McShane, Irina Shayk and more are added to the cast ensemble for supporting roles.
"Hercules: The Thracian Wars" will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 25, 2014.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked